Welcome to the English Department
7th grade English -
Literary analysis and studying how choices affect our consequences.
Soon we will begin reading Tangerine by Edward Bloor to further explore
choices, consequences, and literary analysis.
8th grade English -
are embarking upon an argument and debate unit in 8th grade English.
Students will learn about the elements of argument including: purpose,
audience, claim, evidence, reasoning, counterclaim
We will have a couple of debates in class and culminate our unit in an argumentative essay.
| 7th Grade Level 2: Choices
||8th Grade Level 3: Challenges
Unit 1: The Choices We Make
Unit 2: What Influences my Choices
Unit 3: Choices and Consequences
Unit 4: How We Choose to Act
|Unit 1: The Challenge of Heroism
Unit 2: The Challenge of Utopia
Unit 3: The Challenge to Make a Difference
Unit 4: The Challenge of Comedy
of the five units includes learning activities, two embedded
assessments and a pre/post test which are all aligned with Common Core
What Sets SpringBoard Apart from other English/Language Arts Programs?
- Educational research supports the structure of the program.
- Rigorous Standards provide a pathway to Advanced Placement and are aligned to Common Core Standards.
- Instructional Framework is built on “designing with the end in mind.”
- Teaching and learning strategies is a cornerstone of instructional design.
- Purposeful learning activities are relevant, rigorous, student-centered, engaging,
- interactive, and collaborative.
- Differentiated Instruction opportunities are developed with student needs and achievement in mind.
- Assessment includes objective end of unit tests,performance based embedded assessments and student portfolios.
- Teacher support and professional development is ongoing and meaningful.
is the foundational component for the College Board's College Readiness
System, offering a proven Pre-AP program that increases participation
and prepares a greater diversity of students for success in AP, college
and beyond – without remediation.
College Board Standards for College Success and aligned to the Common
Core State Standards, SpringBoard offers the only integrated college
readiness solution that includes a rigorous curriculum, formative
assessments and sustainable professional development. http://springboardprogram.collegeboard.org/